Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy 18th Birthday to My "Baby" Sister



Over the weekend my baby sister turned 18! It's hard to believe but she is finally an "adult." I am having such a hard time believing that! Oh well, such as life, it goes by way to fast!!! 

So for her birthday, they (my mom & other sister) were having a surprise party and I made up some decorations for it. I've been dying to share and I couldn't wait for her to see what we came up with. I was super happy with how they turned out and I think they were too. 

(Please forgive the quality of the banner pictures. It was late and I really wanted pictures before I packaged them up for the post office. )



 So here is the sign as a whole. "Happy Birthday Larissa" 


Up close of the details. All of the paper was glitter cardstock: the black, pink, & white. Then I sealed it with a gloss sealer to keep the glitter from continually falling off so man did it sparkle!!!

I love the detail of the scroll work and how awesome this turned out! Wouldn't this be fun for a sweet sixteen, turning "30", a bachelorette party or even just a "Girl's Night Out' party! So many possibilities with how pretty this turned out!

Just another view. I was really trying for some decent pics...


This was one of the centerpieces I made up. The decorations were for a masquerade party theme. So there was still lots of glitter, pretty ribbons, beads, and feathers!


One of the masks I made. 


And this is the other and my personal favorite! This one could be used alone or as the main centerpiece. Love how it turned out. 



A couple of close-ups of the details. I learned a lot doing these. Of course decorating these could go on forever. I had to stop somewhere though. :-)


Here it is at her party. Sign, centerpieces, and table confetti. 


I really wish I could have been there for her party. That's one of the hardest things about living away from family, you miss major milestones like this. But I was most definitely there in spirit and I LOVED doing this for her. Happy 18th Birthday Larissa, I Love You!!!!!

* At this time, these decorations are not listed on my Etsy shop.  I'm not certain if I am going to be listing them, I will be sure and post and let you know if I do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...