Monday, November 7, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Guest Blogger Glitter Ornaments

Glitter Ornaments

Hi, I am Jessica from Mom 4 Real!  I am so excited to be guest posting here @ Bean Bug Crafts today.  I am a ridiculously happy married mom to a 13 year old boy and 8 year old girl.  Mom 4 Real is a blog with a little bit of everything.  I share family advice, kitchen tutorials, crafts, and recipes.  Today, I am going to share a craft that we did last Christmas.  It turned out so well, that we decided to do it again this year, and share it with you...


These DIY glitter ornaments are so simple and inexpensive, that we have decided to make them for teachers, family members, and friends as gifts.  All you need is an inexpensive pack of glass ornaments (you can buy them at any store now), a bottle of floor wax (Pledge or Bona work best), a small funnel, and glitter. 


Take the top off of your ornament.



Pour floor waxy into ornament and swish around so it coats the entire ornament.
Pour out the wax once you have coated the inside.


Insert the funnel into the top of the ornament and pour in quite a bit of glitter.


Shake the ornament until the glitter coats the inside.
Pour excess glitter back into container...it takes a surprisingly
little amount, so you will get a lot of glitter back.


Here is what your ornament should look like when you are finished.


We made all different colors.


I especially love green, so this is my favorite!


You can hang them with ribbon or hooks, but I think ribbon looks especially pretty.

These were super easy to make, and not too messy.  I would cover whatever surface you are making them on with a vinyl tablecloth or wax paper, because the floor wax will harden on your table...I learned my lesson last year.  We made ours outside this year to avoid making that mistake again.  You can easily decorate the outsides of the ornaments with markers or vinyl letters!  Merry Christmas and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...