Monday, November 14, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Guest Blogger No-Sew Pin Cushion


Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to be guest posting here at BeanBug Crafts!


My name is Justine and I'm the girl behind Kerr-afty Creations!
I started blogging about a year and a half ago with the intention of sharing creativity and inspiring others (I also have a very crafty mom who lives a few hours away so this was a way to show her all my projects, haha).
In 'real life' I am a stay at home mom. I have a two year old and a five month old, both girls. So it is really nice to have some me-time in my craft room here and there. (then I can usually find a few minutes during Dora the Explorer to type up my posts!) I would love for you to stop by my blog and say hello. Now on to the tutorial:

Today I will be showing you how to make an easy No-sew Pin Cushion.


Supplies you will need:
- a frame (small or large...the one I used is approx. for a 2 inch by 3 inch picture)
- fabric
- polyester fluff
- scissors and gluegun



First take out the glass from the frame (in my case it was a cheap frame so I had to cut out plastic). Most frames come with a paper inside showing the size of picture to use, take this piece and cut out a piece of thin cardboard the same size and then cut your fabric slightly larger.



If you are using a circle/oval frame cut small slits along the outside of your fabric piece, with square/rectangle frames cut slits at the corners. Start to hot glue the fabric onto your cardboard piece gathering as you go, make sure not to pull tight leave the front slack.



Leave an opening at one end and stuff with the fluff.



Finish gluing around the cardboard.



Turn over and you should have a little pillow.



Hot glue around the inside of your frame
and quickly place the 'pillow' into the frame before the glue cools.



Replace the backing.
There you have it.... a quick, cute and handmade pin cushion!
Perfect stocking stuffer for those crafters on your list!



I happened to stuff my cushion too much so my backing didn't close all the way...but nobody really looks back there, right?

Thanks Anna for having me, it was so much fun to create a tutorial for your Tutorial Tuesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...